November 7, 2010

Protein and Acne

Share
Hi Wee Kiat,

I have heard and seen many people get serious acne breakouts when they start taking protein and other supplements for bodybuilding. I had mild acne flaring up and I was able to bring it under control with creams and not taking protein from supplements. I see that you have a good complexion, so may I ask if you know the reasons for acne breakouts because of protein intake and any ways to prevent it?

Thank you for your time.

Best,
Jason


Hi Jason,

If you've read certain posts on my blog, "most people" 's perception of bodybuilding tends to be stereotyped, opinionated instead of factual and most of the time, wrong. I have a pretty good complexion now (at least compared to last time), but I used to have lots of pimples when I was 13-16 years old, to the extent that it was embarrassing. My protein intake last time? Barely hitting 200g per day. Now, 250g per day with a lot more supplements. So that's your proof that it's not the protein that's causing the acne. I used lots of cream back then. Now, just facial wash. However, now I ensure that I get enough sleep and my hormones are not raging as much as they used to. For more info about what ACTUALLY causes acne, try asking Jedi Master Google.

May the Force be with you.

If you have any questions about bodybuilding and fitness, email me at Fabodylous@gmail.com!

And to be updated with the answers, click here to subscribe to Fabodylous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails