June 6, 2010

Enough of This Nonsense!

Share
Recently, I have received several insults, verbal attacks and NONconstructive criticism from people who barely know me. I even have some people adding me on Facebook and instead of

"Hi, I'm *name*. I'm from *place*. Nice to meet you."

They immediately messaged me or wrote on my wall,

"Honestly, I don't think you will win".

What happened to basic courtesy? Makes me think why I accepted you on Facebook in the first place. And honestly, why would a person tell another person that? He is not in the other guy's shoes. He doesn't understand the pressure of contest preparation that the other guy is handling (cause if he did, he wouldn't have said that). And most of all, he ISN'T BEING NICE OR HELPFUL... AT ALL!!

If any of you criticisers are reading this, READ EVERY WORD OF THE NEXT PARAGRAPH!!

No one goes into a contest knowing he will 100% win or lose. Neither do I. So stop telling me that I will lose. You're an outsider and you don't know me. People who DO know me are encouraging me and win or lose, they are behind all the way. And these guys include local (Malaysian and Singaporean) champions. Who are YOU? Am I supposed to pull out of the competition now just because I don't get the approval of you flaming wannabes?

No way in hell!

I'd rather be an optimist who is sometimes wrong than a pessimist who is always right.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails