August 21, 2011

Saving Mt Everest with Carlsberg - Day 4

Share
Hi peeps, it's been awhile since I've updated my blog, but I'm back. Now I know that the Saving Mt Everest with Carlsberg event happened a few months back, but I feel bad for leaving my full report on it hanging in the air. So here's what happened on day four.


Namche with the Kongde Ri peak in the background.


It was a realllyyyy cold morning when I woke up. Of course it is. After all, we're at 3440m above sea level. I was feeling horribly nauseous and out of breath. And the dreams I had weren't the ones I would want to remember. So, first thing I did when I woke up was to pee. And as soon as I'm done, suddenly, the world became a blur and I started to lose my consciousness. First thing in my mind, "Get back to the bed!" but as soon as I open the toilet door, I passed out... BAMM!! With my face slammed right to the corner of the door. For the next few days, I look like this...



Sigh. -_-''

Anyway, down at the lodge's restaurant, I met up with the rest of team Carlsberg and it seems that things went a lot worse for most of them. Some vomited. Many had bad dreams. A few of the ladies were crying. :(

Today's itinerary includes a hike to Syanboche for lunch and then all the way up to Everest View Hotel, 3880m above sea level!



But first, a few of us decided to take a detour to a mini museum between Namche and Syanboche.









And look! What a huge coincidence! I met someone else from NUS too!! LOL!!



Photos of people who has summited Mt Everest. When we asked our Sherpa how does a person get his photo up on the wall, he said, "First you need to summit Mt Everest, then you need to submit your photo."


OMG!! It's a yeti skull! Could yetis really exist??


A photo of Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary, the first two persons to summit Mt Everest.


A bust of Sir Edmund Hillary.

After the museum trip, we continued trekking towards Syanboche.






Those colourful flags you see were not hung just for fun but for good luck.


Emma, again, was way ahead of us slowpokes, up to the point where she has to sit on top of the hill and wait for us to catch up. :( So what do people do when they are bored?

Take photos of themselves!





She looks pretty epic in the second one, honestly.

So after that we had our lunch at Syanboche. Same ol' high carbs, low protein diet. Sigh. And waited for like, almost an hour for our food.





And it's all the way to Everest View Hotel!




Finally! We've arrived! Yea, that's the hotel behind the trees.


A drink (non-alcoholic cause that would be dangerous at this height, unfortunately) and some celebration for surviving reaching the peak of our journey!




The hotel isn't bad, compared to most of the lodges we stayed at along our trekking journey. It's pretty 3-star-ish and it has heating and proper bathroom with a working hot shower... finally! I had the most euphoric and relaxing hot shower EVER!! And no, there will be no pictures of me showering in this post. -_-''



After shower it's time to chill get some heat with the gang.


Oh look! Facebook and Internet at 3880m above sea level! My gosh, technology these days.




For dinner, it was fine dining with plenty of meat and protein. Yay! This dinner marks the end of our trek and we'll be heading back to Kathmandu tomorrow.




U jelly?


Alright, I know this post is kinda boring cause we didn't do much on this day. Anyway, the following posts will be more interesting as we're gonna head back down to Kathmandu, visit places and learn about the local culture. And my dear Malaysians/Singaporeans/readers from developed countries, believe me, the lifestyle here will shock your socks off.

Do like us on Facebook! :)


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails